Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Kellan's Baptism Short All



My niece contacted me in hope of a favor earlier this Spring. She asked if I could make a short-all for her son's baptism. I asked her what the heck a short-all was. After she told me I chuckled and said that yes I certainly could. Apparently she had ordered a customized outfit from someone but due to flooding in that part of the country they would not be able to fulfill her order. She was frantic - but I had 2 weeks so I knew we could get it done. The only pattern I had was the one I had used to make Leila an outfit (I never saw Leila in it so I thought my daughter did not like the pattern ... oh well I keep trying)... anyway, she said that pattern was fine and in a couple days I had it ready to be shipped to her. She wanted a solid white outfit with the letter K embroidered on the pocket. As usual, I was concerned about sizing and after consulting my daughter (Macy wears the outfit often and Courtney asks why they don't make more of that item - ROFL) and decided once again to size down on the pattern. My niece received the package in plenty of time and was thrilled. She sent me a pic -- it still looked a little big but I'm so glad I chose to not follow pattern sizing! I told her next time to start with me! Love you Petra!

No comments:

Post a Comment