Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pre-Easter 2011




My daughter, Courtney, and I worked on this project together this year at spring break. Suffice it to say that our tastes aren't always campatible. She is very conservative and I'd like to see those beautiful grandbabies of mine well, a little more ... frilly. So when the girls and Courtney were visiting me, I had Courtney catalog all my patterns (there are many) and we moved all my bolts of fabric to a new location together. My matermind plan was to get her familiar with what I had, and have HER choose this year's Easter outfits from pattern to fabric. This way, I know she'll be pleased! She chose Macy's outfit from pattern to fabric. I have to tell you that after making the dress I didn't feel that it was anything overly special.... kind of ... hmmm well I guess it's cute. We went back and forth on Leila's fabric though. I agreed that the fabric she was attempting to choose would have made cute dresses, but they were fall colors ... sooo. we came to an agreement on Leila's fabric together. I loved this dress! When the pictures came back with the girls in their outfits though .... I loved Macy's too! I guess that one just didn't have hanger appeal. Anyway, here are the girls in their 2011 Easter dresses. Macy 19 months and Leila 2 3/4. Hey, the 3/4 counts when you're young!


Happy days!

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment