Monday, January 11, 2010

Today's Adventure and Sweet Heart Dress/Top


Well, I've had fun making of few ofthose bunnies, a kitten, and currently have in the works -- bunny in pink chenille & bunny in yellow minky dot. For some reason I don't have any yellow satin around here!

Anyway, a couple years ago (before the economy went south) my friend Tonya and I had a plan to make and sell little girls boutique clothing. I love to sew -- and she is great at everything else. But things happened, a layoff, a move back to her hometown far far away and a new life, a new job, and 2 kids (6 & 8) that are involved .... need I say more mothers out there? I digress, we were on track at one point and I got all the clothes that I had made out to her so she could put them on our little model and work the technology/inventory end of things. She finally (love you T) got about 1/2 of my dresses back to me ..... so today I'm ironing, taking pictures, checking sizes, tagging, and pricing .... have I ever said that I just want to sew? Would love to have a partner in crime!
Miss you ladies of USAT!

I finally finished this little dress. I've been working on it for awhile, played with options. Can be dressed up and down easily. I like the pattern, construction is pretty easy. Next one I make will have contrasting fabrics. Just wanted to see the design potential. So this one's for Leila this year, I can manage to get a ruffle or small contrast on her clothes (love you chica) -- chica does not like over the top, girly girl stuff for the girls. Which one if your favorite look?

Pics to come.
Honey

3 comments:

  1. So glad to see your dreams are moving right along! We miss you to, B :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. B, is that your sewing room in the background? It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the first one for leila, but you can use a contrasting fabric for the pocket if you want. ;) i don't understand the second one...

    ReplyDelete